A great piece of architecture

Suzhou Museum is one of the masterpieces of architecture in my opinion. It is designed by Ieoh Ming Pei, who also designed Louvre Pyramid. I have been there several years ago and he became my icon from then. The building combines ancient Chinese style with modern elements. It retains the romantic charm of calssical gardens in Suzhou but not like the traditional designs. It reminds me of the old-line towns in Jiangnan. In additon, the design also care about the unite with natural environment. I think the building should fit for its purpose and Suzhou Museum does. It really gives people an place feeling of history. The design of roofs maxmise the sunshine, which lets the building comfort to the nature. Even every tree and plant is elaborately picked to make it accord with the building.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment 1

Moving elements

texture